How-to instruction video for the DEUTSCH HD10 Series.
- Grasp the contact-wire assembly between the thumb and forefinger on the wire approximately one inch behind the contact crimp barrel.
- Hold the connector with the rear grommet facing you.
- Push the contact straight into the connector grommet until a positive stop is felt. The retaining fingers in the connector will snap behind the shoulder of the contact and lock it in place. A slight tug will confirm that it is properly sealed.
- With rear insert toward you, snap the appropriate size plastic tool over the wire of the contact to be removed.
- Slide the tool along the wire into the insert cavity until it engages the contact and resistance is felt. The contact retaining clip will be in the unlocked position.
- Pull the contact-wire assembly out of the connector.