TE Connectivity offers several types of tools to assist with hand and production wire crimping. The tools are specific to the solid contacts or the stamped & formed contacts. To ensure a proper crimp and achieve the highest performance specifications, DEUTSCH contacts must be crimped with DEUTSCH tooling. Proper parts, procedures, and tooling must be used.
- Grasp crimped contact approximately (25.4 mm) one inch behind the contact barrel.
- Hold connector with rear grommet facing you.
- Push contact straight into connector grommet until a click is felt. A slight tug will confirm that it is properly locked in place.
- Once all contacts are in place, insert the wedgelock. Push on it until a click is felt. NOTE: Use the same procedure for both connector halves.
- Remove the wedge using needlenose pliers, a screwdriver or a hook shaped tool. Pull the wedge straight out.
- To remove the contacts, gently pull the wire backwards, while at the same time releasing the locking finger by moving it away from the contact with a screwdriver.
- Hold the rear seal in place, as removing the contact will displace the seal.