DEUTSCH Contact Crimping
How-to instruction video for Contact Crimping.
- Strip ¼” (6.3 mm) insulation from wire.
- Raise selector knob and rotate until arrow is aligned with wire size to be crimped.
- Loosen lock nut, turn adjusting screw in until it stops.
- Insert contact with barrel up. Turn adjusting screw counter clockwise until contact is flush with indentor cover. Tighten lock nut.
- Insert wire into contact. Contact must be centered between indicators. Close handles until crimp cycle is completed.
- Release handles and remove crimped contact.
- Inspect terminal to insure that all strands are in crimp barrel. NOTE: Tool must be readjusted for each type/size of contact.