How-to instruction video for AMPSEAL connectors.
- Grasp crimped contact approximately one inch behind the contact barrel.
- Check that the wedgelock of the plug assembly is in open position. Align the contact with the applicable cavity.
- Insert the contact into the connector cavity until there is an audible or tactile click. A slight tug will verify the contact is locked in place.
- After all the contacts have been inserted, close the wedgelock by simultaneously squeezing locking latches inward and pushing the wedgelock into the housing.
- Insert the tip of a screwdriver between the edge of the plug assembly housing and one corner of the wedgelock.
- Gently pry the edge of the wedgelock until it is released from (but not completely removed) the housing. Repeat these steps for the opposite corner of the wedge.